Thursday, January 28, 2010

BROKEN HEARTED!

I can’t describe my feelings at the moment. I am really upset, angry and piss off. All my hard works become useless just in few seconds. Reason? I was appointed to become one of the committee members for Triple-I Medical Symposium 2010. The programme is schedule this Saturday and Sunday. We have been working hard for months to organize it. But last Wednesday evening, we received a directive order by the Rector’s office ordering us to CANCEL our programme. I repeat CANCEL! Not postponed. The approval of the programme had been retracted just only a few days before the programme. The thing that made me even upset and angry is that they never actually gave us the reasons. We are now in the process of getting clarification from them.


I had spent a lot of times and money for this. I was the person in-charge to invite all the speakers. Inviting speakers, I must say is not an easy task. I had to call them many times. Some of the speakers could not make it. So I had to find a replacement. There you see it, it’s not an easy task. The speakers had already agreed to come and some of them had bought tickets to come to Kuantan. We also had booked the accommodation for the speakers. Can you see, a lot of money had been spent. All these are put into waste.



For my part, as I was the person in-charge to invite the speaker, I had been assigned to break the bad news to the speakers. Terpaksa bermuka tebal. All of them ask me the reasons and all I can say is that I don’t know. I am still figuring it out. Some of them express their disappointment and anger at me. I am an innocent bystander!


I’m trying to look it from the positive side. Maybe there’s a hikmah behind all these. But because of all these, I’m not in the mood to organize any programme in the near future and I don’t want to be in-charge of inviting speakers anymore after this! This incident has successfully tarnished my reputation and image. Thank you very much!

No comments: