Thursday, January 14, 2010

YIPPIEE!!!

Today is the nomination day for IIUM SRC's Election. I'm not sure when is the Election Day but if I'm not mistaken it is sometime next week. I need to check it and I have to check it ASAP because Kulliyyah of Medicine will be seeing a competition. YES! There is 3 students competing for the 2 seats allocated for Kulliyyah of Medicine.


For this reason, I am really happy although I'm not the one competing. I know that I did express my intention to contest in this year election. However, due time constraint, I have to postpone my intention. Since I entered my 2nd year, I have been very busy with society's works. I have been appointed as one of IIUM Volunteer Team's EXCOs. I am in charge for the Fiqh Medicine Interest Group (FMIG). Next week, I'll be in UiTM Shah Alam to fulfill their invitation to become the facilitators for their Fiqh Medicine Programme. The following week, I’ll be busy with Triple-I Symposium that is organized by IIUM Volunteer team with the support from Persatuan Perubatan Islam Malaysia (IMAM). For your information, FMIG actually deals with research mostly. We conduct research about Islamic stand on the latest innovation in medical world as well as educating the current and future health care providers on rukhsah ibadah.



Insyaallah, if everything goes well, I may contest next year but I have another problem actually. I don’t think my mother allows me to contest. She is afraid that I may lose my focus. She has even started worrying now since I’m active with society’s work.


Back to the issue of IIUM SRC’s election, I am really looking forward for the Election Day. But, I have a problem in choosing who to vote. Now, I’m waiting their manifestos. FYI, one of the contestants is a friend of mine. She’s very active in all the extracurricular activities and I’m not surprise that she contested in the election.

No comments: