Saturday, January 16, 2010

New rules to limit amount of petrol a vehicle owner can buy

I had just finished reading an article in The Star. I found that the government is planning to set a new rules to limit the amount of petrol a vehicle owner can buy. I'm not good in economics so I wont be commenting on the economics angle. I'm just going to comment based on rationality. I have to say that I applauded the move. I believe that all these times, the subsidy for petrol has been distributed to people who are not eligible for it. Meaning here is that those from Thailand and Singapore for example crosses the border to buy the petrol in our country because it is cheaper here. It is cheaper here due to the subsidy from our government. My opinion is that the subsidy is for Malaysians. Only Malaysians entitle to get it. As a result of this, Malaysians lost millions of ringgit. With the move, I hope that the subsidy is given only to Malaysian.


However, I have to say I disagree in one part of the rules that is a person would eligible for subsidised petrol for only one car. Many of Malaysians have more than one car. II believe that it will be proper if the amount of subsidised petrol a person is eligible for is based on the number of cars they have. It will make more sense. I have to say this because I'm worried. The car that I'm using now is under my father's name. I am only the second driver. So, if my father has another car at home, I wont be able to get the subsidised petrol. I will get the subsidised petrol only if my father decides to change ownership of the car to me (Which is actually good for me. It will make Afif jealous. :-))


I think the government should consider this deeply first before they come into implementation this May.


2 comments:

RJ said...

hahaha
Re-quote: "It will make Afif jealous. :-))"

again, how old are you now? :OP

ANAS!!! said...

how old am I??

in a week time.. I'll be 22. HINT3! :-)