Sunday, January 11, 2009

BYE-BYE ’08, WELCOME ‘09

The year 2008 is bidding adieu, leaving behind many memories. As the curtain had fallen on one more great year, let's take a glimpse of what all it had left behind


Politics


Malaysian 12th general election came as a shock to many including me. BN won the election but the opposition managed to deny BN its vaunted two-third majority and captured 4 major states plus managed to secure Kelantan. The election result led to the formation of Pakatan Rakyat comprises of PAS, PKR and DAP.


Petrol price hike. With the rise in the global petrol price, the government is left with no choice but to increase the petrol price in Malaysia. The government increased the petrol price by 78sen. From my view point, it came as a burden to the rakyat as the people are not well informed to prepare for the price hike. Due to the price hike, most major roads were cleared for a few weeks because people opt for public transport.


Anwar is back in politics. His wife resigned as MP giving way for him to be back in parliament. However, his plan to take over the government by 16 September failed.


The election result also led to early resignation of our Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. Abdullah is expecting to handover to his deputy, Datuk Seri Najib Razak in March 2009.



Myself


Lesen P selesai. Kihkih. I have a full driving license now. I don’t have a huge ‘P’ pasted at my car. Yahoo!!


I went holidaying in Singapore. I did not go anywhere else besides shopping mall. No cultural visit at all except shopping. Thanks to my sister who really likes shopping. She dragged me everywhere. If I am not mistaken, we went to nearly 10 shopping malls in just one day. Imagine, we went to 10 shopping malls in a day. She bought handbag, shoe, something about facial, etc. But, I have to praise her because all things that she bought, she managed to get it at good price. I can’t brag also because I manage to buy Levis jeans. Hehehe.


Back from holidaying in Singapore, I had to attend a hearing in KL High Court. So, I had my first experienced testifying in court. It was really scary. Alhamdulillah, it went well.


In July, I became a full time medical student. I registered myself at IIUM Kuantan campus on 2nd July 2008.


Hari Raya Aidilfitri, the 1st hari raya my twin brother and I were apart. In the morning, I spent my time taking picture of all the great food that my mother cooked. The purpose was to make Afif jealous. He claimed that it did not work. But, I think it worked. Afif just denied it.


Not forgetting, my greatest success. I managed to get my ideal weight back! Yahoo!!! I gained weight at the beginning of the year and lose weight at the end of the year.


1 comment:

RJ said...

haha! here are somethgs that u shud know:

- u've just got ur full license where m about to get the letter P posted ;OP
- my ideal weight gain dream hasnt accomplished yet;
I wanna keep on gaining till 50 kilos! ;O(
- yah, our twins cannot denied the best food we are having at home, esp zirahh (the great eater!) and she's at sarawak >.<

so anyway, happy hols to you anas!