Thursday, August 27, 2009

AL-FATIHAH



First and foremost, my deepest sympathy to the family of the late Senator Prof Datuk Dr Ismail Md Salleh who passed away this morning. Semoga rohnya ditempatkan dikalangan orang-orang beriman.

Senator Prof Datuk Dr Ismail Md Salleh is one great man. I really respect him. He excelled not only academically but all sorts of things. He did not use his blindness as a reason to achieved what he wants. I am able to say this because I know him quite well. He is among my father’s close friends. My father knew him since both of them were kids. They came from a same village. As they grew older, they became collogue at Fakulti Ekonomi, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. Back in 2002, my history teacher assigned my class to prepare a scrap book about great people. I did about him. I interviewed him and during the interview, he told me his life stories. How he grew up and all the obstacles that he had to face. His stories were really inspiring.

His death came as a shock to me. I heard the news from my twin brother. He sent me a sms this morning. For me, his death is a great loss to the country.

No comments: