Saturday, August 8, 2009

KELANTAN TRIP

I went back to my hometown, in Kelantan last weekend. I went there to attend my classmate’s wedding. The wedding ceremony is at Wakaf Che Yeh in Kelantan. It is very near to my hometown. That’s why I decided to attend the ceremony. I’m writing here is not to describe or tell you about how the trip was because overall, the trip was exciting. I’m writing here is to express my disappointment with the journey.


I went back to Kelantan by bus. Transnasional bus, to be specific. Before this, I used to think that transnasional is the best as I was informed by an unknown person (I met him at my neighbor’s wedding) that transnasional is the only bus company that covers their passenger with insurance. I’m not sure if this is true. Now, after a few incidences with Transnasional, I no longer believe that Transnasional is the best.


On 1st Ramadhan last year, I was on my way back from KL to Kuantan. As I had not had a car yet at that time, I rode Transnasional bus. The driver was really rude towards the passenger and to other road users. He even threw a water bottle towards a car because the car was slow to move when the traffic light had turned green. He also forgot to close the baggage compartment causing him to stop at the road side in the middle of the journey. I wrote a complaint letter to the management but it’s nearly a year now, I have not received any feedback.


As for my Kelantan trip, I was disappointed because according to the ticket, the bus should departed from Terminal Makmur, Kuantan at 3pm. The bus only came at 3.30pm. This one, I can forgive. My friends and I bought the ticket together in order for us to be able to sit together but the driver assigned us with new seat number. So we have to split. Assigning new seat number, add to the delay. We only departed from Terminal Makmur, Kuantan around 4pm. To add to my disappointment, I believe the bus had a “technical” problem. How can they allow an unfit bus be on road? They are putting our lives on risk! Alhamdulillah, we arrived safely.


On my way from Kota Bharu to Kuantan, again the bus arrived 30 minutes late. Lucky for us they did not assigned us with new seat number so my friends and I are able to sit next to each other. I also disappointed because of security issue. They allow pengemis to go on board to collect donation. How can they allow this? I am not against the peminta sedekah but this is a security issue. My cousin lost her wallet and cell phone in a bus. It is believed that an unidentified man went on board at took it while she went down to salam her parents. Peminta sedekah nie plak, time tunggu bas kat station tak nak plak kutip sedekah. Suspicious kan?


Because of all these, I won’t be using Transnasional anymore. Boikot!

No comments: