Thursday, June 18, 2009

I DISAGREE

I just watched Buletin Utama. The government is planning to make English as a must pass subject for SPM. According to them, they have made a survey in the Ministry of Education’s homepage and according to the survey, 80% of the respondents agree with the idea. For me, I am totally against it. Not that I am against English. I am against the idea of doing things very fast that we do not do proper study. The survey is unacceptable. Why? Because it is BIAS! They only did the survey in the internet. Only those who come from urban areas have internet access. Those who come from rural areas have no internet access. These people are the one who is weak in English. How can they vote “no”?


Please think about their future! If they fail in SPM, they will have no opportunity to further their studies as well as no chance of employment? How can they improve their life? Review our education system and improve our English learning syllabus first.


Note: I’m afraid that this move is a purely politically motivated. Politics should not interrupt education. Leave our education alone!

No comments: