Saturday, December 13, 2008

VISION 2020

I came across interesting news when I read the newspaper yesterday. “Vision 2020 may be in peril”. Tun Dr. Mahathir, the architect of vision 2020, feels that Malaysia cannot achieve the goal to be a developed nation with only 11 years to go. He blamed the global economic meltdown that we are having now and the economic crisis in 1998 as the reason for it. Dr. Mahathir mention about this when he was asked at the Global Financial Uncertainties and The Future of Malaysia dialogue.


I share same opinion with Dr. Mahathir. I think that we won’t be able to achieve our Vision 2020. This is due to political uncertainties and economic crisis. From my reading, the economic crisis that we are facing today is different to that of the 1998 economic crisis. So guys, what do you think?

No comments: